Ensure your organisation is covered by implementing a drug and alcohol procedure and policy. Download our fully customisable, printable version of the drug and alcohol policy template now. Vetted by employment lawyers and entirely free for you.
This free Australian drug and alcohol policy template will outline your organisation’s role and your employee’s responsibilities. Alcohol and other drug use become an occupational health and safety issue if an employee’s ability to exercise judgment, coordination, motor control, concentration and alertness at work is impaired.
The objectives of an alcohol and drugs policy are to help your business with:
- Ensuring the health and safety of everyone in your workplace
- Achieving productivity and overall business goals
- Making sure you have a clear statement of confidentiality
- Explicitly stating to your workforce that drugs and alcohol abuse is not tolerated
- Establishing employee assistance programs