In this policy, “us”, “we”, “our” or “Employment Hero” means Employment Hero Holdings Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)). Related bodies include Employment Hero Pty Ltd, Employment Hero Financial Services Pty Ltd and EI R&D Pty Ltd.
1. Personal Information
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and includes any information that we collect that personally identifies you or you are reasonably identifiable from. To the extent information provided on behalf of an entity (including Sole Traders and Partnerships) is also information relating to an individual or individuals, such information may also be personal information under this policy.
2. Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- names and addresses;
- details regarding gender and marital status;
- dates of birth and phone numbers;
- email details;
- remuneration details;
- superannuation details;
- tax information;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- job qualifications and history;
- computer IP addresses; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of the Services.
If we are providing you with additional products and services, the types of personal information we may collect from you may include, without limitation:
- group certificates, payslips, and other income or earnings information;
- proof of identity documentation, such as passports, drivers licenses and birth certificates;
- financial information, including but not limited to, home loans, credit cards, vehicle loans and personal loans;
- utility bills including internet services;
- health and life insurance policy statements;
- information relevant to your lifestyle options including but not limited to, health and fitness information, entertainment services and mobile services.
- information relevant to your financial needs and objectives;
- information relevant to your assets and liabilities, income and expenses;
- information relevant to your investment preferences and attitude or tolerance to risk;
- any other information provided for the purposes of providing additional products and services.
3. Cookies and Statistical Analysis
- server address;
- domain name;
- date and time of visit;
- previous websites visited;
- browser type and operating system; and location data;
4. How Personal Information is Collected
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
We do this in ways including:
- by way of dealing with you in person;
- over the telephone;
- through the Services (including details entered upon registration for use of the Services or use of any of the template documents) or email server; and
- through customer feedback or survey forms.
We may also collect personal information from a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided by the third party (for example, where an employer provides information about one of their employees to the Services for the purpose of using our services).
5. Purpose of Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities, functions and services and to provide customer service effectively. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experience with our products and services;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to provide you with information about our existing and new products and services (including for direct marketing purposes);
- to share contact details including mobile phone numbers with your Employer and Co-workers, where your employer has activated this feature and you have not opted out
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about, or made by, you;
- to investigate any suspected breach of any of our terms and conditions or unlawful activity engaged in by you; and
- as required or permitted by any law.
In addition, where you request or authorise us:
- to allow third parties to provide additional products and services to you;
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy:
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you requested;
- we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of the Services to your preferences and your experience of the Services may therefore not be useful.
Personal information collected for marketing purposes may be communicated to a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided to the third party (for example, agreeing to provide information for directed marketing, including but not limited to, discounts, offers and promotions).
6. Direct Marketing Materials
We may use personal information for direct marketing reasons, including updating you on our latest products, services and news. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws.
You can opt out of this service at any time by using any of our unsubscribe mechanisms or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of the Services or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners to enable us to perform our business activities
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- relevant authorities and institutions including the Australian Tax Office, banks and superannuation providers relating to the provision of the Services, and
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator.
8. Storage & Security of Personal Information
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding security of the personal information and other data transmitted to the Services and we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
Where we disclose data overseas, we are required to take measures to ensure your information is treated in accordance with the standards that apply in Australia (other than when compelled to make disclosure under local laws).
To provide the Services, Employment Hero contracts with Amazon Web Services (AWS) who store data on their global network of secure data centres. Further details on AWS’s location and security can be found here.
Part of Employment Hero’s team is based in Vietnam and data may be hosted there. This team is recruited, trained and managed by Employment Hero and access to personal information is subject to the same security and control procedures and policies across our whole business.
We allow you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Services. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account at email@example.com.
The Services may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and policies.
10. Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
If you wish to verify or correct any of the details you have submitted to us, you may do so by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to access the information which we hold about you and for corrections to be made to this information.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal personal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your email and password.
11. Contact Us
Once we receive a complaint, whether it is in writing or verbal means, we will endeavour to commence an investigation as soon as practicable. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek any further clarification if necessary. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation and where a breach is found we will discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they can be resolved.
We will aim to ensure that all questions and concerns are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or require further information on privacy, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).